Monday, December 13, 2010

Don't you see me standing in the shadows of love.

● Today's musicblog is about The Four Tops, because they are one of my favourite Motown, Classic artists. I love their music and I downloaded the album "The Definitive Collection". Really nice songs, you should seriously check them out.


Four Tops
♬ Also one of my favourite songs all time is Standing in the Shadow of Love by Four Tops.
 - This song is just amazing, I really loves this. It is catchy and it drags you into his feelings, he is pouring out his heart. His vocals are strong and that is what makes this song more powerful.

♬ Another favourite song of mine by the Four Tops is Reach Out, I'll Be There.
 - I remember I always used to sing along and danced to this song when I was a little kid, it brings back memories. It has kind of the same theme and a similar musical arrangement of Standing in the Shadow of Love.

The Four Tops are an American vocal quartet. What I really like about the lead-singer Levi Stubbs is that he mixed singing with shouting, it gives the songs another feeling, another way of expressing. Levi Stubbs and groupmates Abdul "Duke" Fakir, Renaldo "Obie" Benson and Lawrence Payton remained together for four decades, 1953 until 1997.


No comments:

Post a Comment