Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let's twist again, like we did last summer.

Ahh I'm into Classics again. Motown, Four Tops, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes etc, etc. Amazing music. I love the ol' day songs, that music is so much better than these days.

● Today I'm going to blog something about Chubby Checker, because I have his song on my mind for the last few days. I will blog about other artists and favourite songs etc. more often. This is the premier of my music posts, yeuy. I will keep the posts short with my opinion, favourite song and a little information.


Chubby Checker
♬ One of those songs is this one, Let's Twist Again by Chubby Checker.
 - A really fun song, it makes you want to move your body and just smile. And I love his voice! It has this funny sound in it, but it is really good and strong. 



Chubby Checker's real name is Ernest Evans, he was an American singer-songwriter, born at October 3, 1941. Because of his 1960 hitcover of Hank Ballard's RnB hit "The Twist" he also popularized the dance style Twist. In September 2008, "The Twist" topped Billboard's list of the most popular singles to have appeared in the Hot 100 since its debut in 1958.




No comments:

Post a Comment